Monday, October 23, 2006

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE

Elections are just 15 days away! I'm trying very hard this year to be an informed voter, and I'm finding it's increasingly difficult to sort through all the commercials and debates. Has anyone ever noticed how candidates seem to just attack their opponent's stance instead of stating their own? Here's an incomplete list of things that hang in the balance with this year's elections:

- gay marriage bans in many states, including my neighbor Wisconsin
- an almost full abortion ban (including cases of rape an incest) in South Dakota
- scandals abound with the Illinois gubernatorial race
- party control of both the House and the Senate


I feel like it's so unbelievably important for everyone to get out there and vote. I'll probably stand on my soapbox a lot in the next two weeks, but when it comes down to it, as long as you vote, that's all that matters. I've spent time in countries where the idea of voting is still foreign to them, and many would actually rather have someone else make all of the decisions for them rather than vote. Their choice of candidates is even worse of a "Lesser of two evils" situation than here in the states. Please exercise your right to vote!!!! To make things easier, here's a site that breaks down the elections happening on both the federal and state level:

http://www.uselections.com/

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

First comment. :)

I think we're on the same wavelength on many of these issues.